- Equality and discrimination
- Corporate reorganisation and redundancy
- TUPE and business transactions
- Trade union and industrial relations issues
- Executive dismissals
- Team moves and restrictive covenants
- Long term sickness and disability
- Contracts, staff handbooks and employment policies
- Employment related litigation (at all levels)
- Disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maternity, parental rights including flexible working
- Protected disclosures (whistle blowing)
Jane’s key focus is employment law and she has acted for a wide range of clients from listed companies to start ups, as well as trade unions and individuals. Her key focus is to provide employers with support over the life cycle of their relationship with employees, dealing with both contentious and non-contentious work.
Jane has advised on everything from advising on major changes to an employer’s retirement age, introducing positive action training, carrying out industrial action ballots and negotiating in a strike situation as well as advising a major charity on the outsourcing of its IT functions.
Jane is also a regular writer and speaker on employment law topics, as well as a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- Solicitor of England and Wales 1984
- Solicitors Final Examination
- LLB (Hons) LSE
- Howard Kennedy
- Pinsent Masons
- DJ Freeman