Family and Children
- International and domestic children’s law
- Complex parental alienation cases, focussing on child-centric resolutions
- Removal from jurisdiction
- Divorce and financial settlements
- Pre- and post- nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements
What they say about Joanna
“Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving our babies and for giving me my sanity back. The work you do is miraculous. You are a brilliant teacher, guide and carer. We are so very, very grateful for you.” L
“Joanna has been dedicated, tenacious, thorough and compassionate. She has invoked legal processes of which unfortunately I was not aware before (my having been in child proceedings with two other separate lawyers since 2010) and ensured that justice has been done. In my case, the facts, evidence and law should always have stood but it is only now, with Joanna’s incredible support in navigating the law, that we were rightly successful yesterday. Now the hard work begins – ensuring my child is supported in unpicking the hideous alignment and emotional abuse inflicted in the last 10 years. The field is specialist and it is not something that any lawyer can assist with. It is also important to act swiftly to avoid the alienation embedding to the detriment of all concerned. It takes the experience, patience and empathy of someone like Joanna. I can’t thank her enough and recommend her without reservation to any parent whose child is experiencing any form of alienation or abuse.” SW
“I just want to say a huge thank you for the part you have played in supporting me, and to let you know that the court decided today that Jacob will live with me and have contact with his mother. Thank you again ever so much as this will change Jacob’s life immensely for the better.” ST
“Joanna is that rare combination of an ethical caring super efficient family law solicitor. I would trust her implicitly to do the right thing and achieve excellent results for my family in court.” Dr HB
“Joanna has been such a big part of my life for the last two and half years and my rock in the background. I knew everything would be okay in the end because Joanna was so amazing. Her sense of humour, ’straight to the point’ talking and kindness is something that will always make me smile and I shall never forget. I was always told that solicitors are only after your money, but I never once felt like that as Joanna went above and beyond.”
“Today, I know that if it were not for Joanna’s work, I would not have seen nor heard from my children again. There are not enough strong words to express how grateful I’m to all her efforts with my case – her dedication, her empathy, her support in the most difficult moments… During long and very stressful proceedings, Joanna was not only my solicitor, she was my therapist, she became my friend and I felt so confident with her by my side. I simply can’t imagine better professional than her.” K
“I have known Joanna for two years, during which time she has been helping me with my divorce. At every step of this complex journey, she has shown to be an extremely capable, knowledgeable and efficient Lawyer and she has dealt with every aspect of my divorce with integrity, efficient capability and confidence. What I have valued most about Joanna has been the way she has always understood that sometimes I needed more time to reflect and to come to my own decisions and at others, I needed more persuasive and directed guidance. She was also extremely prompt to respond to new communications, which has kept the process moving along. She always showed empathy, patience and understanding and explained things I didn’t understand. It has been a relief and comfort knowing that she is looking out for my best interests. I would highly recommend Joanna.” HA
“I have used Joanna on several occasions, once for my divorce and the in subsequent children’s act proceedings. I found her to be incredibly professional, diligent and provided me with great advice during my difficult times, and subsequently great results. I would thoroughly recommend her without hesitation.” KG-B
“I have known Joanna since 2006 when she worked on my complicated divorce case involving a minor child. The matter was satisfactorily resolved in 2011. During this time Joanna acted with compassion and understanding. Complex communications were explained in a professional and polite manner. She offered sound legal counsel and advice based on her expertise of relevant law, knowledge of procedures and research. Since the closure of the case Joanna has provided professional and reliable legal advice and referrals when other matters arise.” JD
“Joanna’s advice was amazing and I am so pleased she could help.” SM
- Solicitor of England & Wales 2000
- IFA Magazine – Pre-nups – the role of the independent financial adviser
- Today’s Family Lawyer – Forum shopping & divorce tourism
- Law Society Gazette – My legal life: Joanna Abrahams, Valemus Law
- BBC Three Counties – The Splitting Headache Podcast – Parental Alienation
- Today’s Family Lawyer – What you may not know about the Forced Marriage statistics
- The Times – Parent is often left feeling like a criminal
- Today’s Family Lawyer – You’re a fake! Can the rise of the e-signature and no-fault divorce prevent fraudulent divorces?
- Lawyer Monthly – Is It Time To Reform The UK’s Surrogacy Laws?
- Solicitors Journal – Equality in same sex marriage annulment?
- Huffington Post – Dr Foster And Five Worrying Signals Of Parental Alienation
- The Law Society Gazette – Family law: parental alienation
- BBC Two – Victoria Derbyshire Show – Should parental alienation be illegal?
- The Lawyer – Parental alienation – a quirk of family law
- House of Commons Debate – Parental alienation
- Family Law Journal – Parental alienation: Better Equipped