Specialist Experience - Family Law
- Divorce proceedings
- Financial settlements to include high net worth individuals
- Mediation and negotiated outcomes
- Prenuptial, post-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Unmarried couples’ rights - cohabitees
- Child arrangements orders, specific issue orders and prohibited steps order
- Non-molestation and occupation orders
Specialist Experience - Commercial Litigation
- Debt and asset recovery, including
- Mortgage recovery
- Corporate debt, including claims in excess of £100 million against foreign countries
- Private individuals
- Estate agencies/Letting agencies
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives – admitted 2010
- Portner Solicitors
- Joelson JD Law (merged with JD Law)
- Cartwright Cunningham Haselgrove & Co
Mark is a highly respected and well-known Divorce and Family lawyer with 35 years’ of experience. He has an undisputed reputation for treating his clients with respect, warmth, kindness and compassion, resolving each case with an innovative and unobtrusive approach and ensuring matters are resolved as cost-effectively and painlessly as possible.
Mark’s expertise and experience includes all family related matters, including divorces for celebrities and high net worth individuals, cohabitation agreements, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements. He has handled a number of Children Act applications, including child arrangement orders, specific issue and prohibited steps orders, non-molestation orders and occupation orders in domestic violence.
Mark is a member of Resolution, a leading family law body advocating a non-confrontational approach to resolving family issues.
Mark is experienced in asset and debt recovery for both corporates and individuals. He is extremely adept at securing quick recoveries and is widely acknowledged for his expertise in mortgage repossessions and shortfall recovery cases for leading UK building societies and foreign banks; recovery of debts for FTSE 100 corporations; recovery of debts for lending companies, claim against a Foreign Country for in excess of £100 million, and the recovery of debts and commissions for a range of private clients, including private schools and estate agents.
- "Mark Goldstein represented me in my divorce case over the past year and a half. As an Italian citizen dealing with the British courts I required an attorney I could rely on completely. Mark was warm and personable and patient in walking me through the various steps required. He has a fine legal mind and is honest, hardworking and was consistently well prepared and innovative in his legal preparations. The outcome was very satisfactory to me and Mark ensured that the ultimate experience was, while painful, over quickly." MD
- "From my first meeting with Mark Goldstein he put me at ease, and was very warm and friendly. Throughout the whole process with him nothing was too much trouble, everything was explained in detail making it all very easy to follow and understand. Mark was always checking back with me to let me know the progress on the case and chasing anything that needed chasing. I cannot recommend him enough; he is highly skilled and extremely professional. It was the most amazing personal service from beginning to end. Thank you, Mark." TL
- "I would recommend Mark Goldstein to anyone that asked as I found the process so much easier to deal than I thought it would be. Mark was very helpful and the outcome was super. He responded to any communication and always answered all my questions." AB
- "I can't thank Mr Goldstein and all of his team enough for the amazing outcome and service I received throughout my divorce. Mark is direct and compassionate, he dealt with every aspect throughout the whole process. Thank you Mark, I'm in a much better place now all thanks to you." EG
- "I could not have wished for a better team representing me. If I call you my Henry and Bergkamp you will know there is no higher accolade! But joking aside, the team work of yourself, Divya and of course Gill has been first class. It feels very weird that I can start to plan again but that's what I intend to do." AW
- "Mark Goldstein from Valemus Law has been my solicitor throughout my recent and lengthy divorce. I can honestly say that I would not have got through it without him. He is so kind and understanding, however, at the same time, so amazingly professional. His expertise and experience was absolutely apparent at every step. There was a huge amount of paperwork required for my case and he always had everything prepared exceptionally well and in a timely manner. I was kept updated every step of the way. Some of the paperwork involved was sometimes confusing for me but he always managed to make sure I understood everything and never lost patience in explaining things to me. He absolutely kept costs to a minimum and I am very happy with the amount I have paid. I am extremely happy with the outcome of my divorce and cannot recommend him highly enough." YP